dobbin house reviews

06/12/2020 Uncategorized

They are serving outdoors in two large tents. The staff are really friendly! It's tight, but cozy. (Flourless cake) Any Questions? The French Onion Soup is excellent and the members of our group who had the Crabcakes rated them highly. Serves American, Seafood, Steak. Never disappointed. The vegetarian entree was an embarrassment. 2. Are any of your soups made GF? Dinner was … The in-house … When you’re feeling hungry, be sure to check out Jaimie's Place and Branding Iron BBQ, which are some barbeque restaurants that are popular with locals and out-of-towners alike. Cocktails were also disappointing... but bread was great. Local cuisine, American, Bar, Pub, Soups, Vegetarian Friendly, All served with milk, lemonade, or iced tea. The Dobbin House … And, most importantly- Do you have a GF dessert? The atmosphere is … Specialties: The Dobbin House Tavern is the oldest building in Gettysburg, PA, built in 1776 and beautifully restored to18th century splendor. 83,640 were here. The French onion soup was amazing . Hotels near Gibson's Photographic Gallery, Hotels near Buddy Boy Winery and Vineyard, Hotels near Battlefield Brew Works & Spirits - Tasting Room, Hotels near Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Hotels near Pennsylvania Myotherapy Institute. It was part of The Underground Railroad! It was very delicious. The main problem was the slow, snippy service. My husband and I had the Filet Mignon and it was done to our liking and I would recommend that also. Conveniently located restaurants include Mr. G's Ice Cream, Sunset Ice Cream Parlor, and Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'. Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. Is Dobbin House Tavern located near the city center? Our waitress was very knowledgeable with the history of the house. Served with Applesauce or Tossed Salad, Potato & Breads, Baked, Lightly Breaded Jumbo Shrimp, served with Applesauce or Salad, Potato and Breads, Five Ounce Filet Mignon Broiled To Your Liking. Served with Applesauce or Salad, Potato and Breads, Six Ounce Strip Steak Broiled to Your Liking. The Dobbin House is OPEN DAILY for outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails. What a great experience from the excellent service really loved the ambiance of the small tavern feeling . We had to wait a good 40 mins for our...More. It has an informal basement tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both. All recommended. We ate down in the basement at the tavern. There are alot of historical artifacts in the restaurant...More, We ordered the fish of the day. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Soup bases are the culperate but many are made GF now. The staff is very friendly. 696 reviews of Dobbin House Tavern "A friend of mine ate here on a recent trip to Gettysburg. more. There were 4 of us for dinner and only waited about 30 minutes.We passed the time shopping in their gift.They had outdoor seating and heat … I loved that the staff dressed in period clothing as well, and the canopy bed frame tables were very unique! There are more places to choose from in the Gettysburg area. User Reviews for Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg, Gettysburg; Dobbin House Tavern Reviews; Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg restaurant reviews on Zomato. The atmosphere is … Are there any historical sites close to Dobbin House Tavern? I'm not Celiac but gluten is definitely not my friend... so, I always inquire ahead. Own or manage this property? Directions and map to the Dobbin House: Back to Home Page: National Register of Historic Places (U.S.A.) Registered Historic Landmark (PA) Mobil Guide . I can't wait to go back in the spring! We got tired and went elsewhere for dessert and after dinner drinks. The Dobbin House serves glorified WONDER BREAD with meals. The Dobbin House is OPEN DAILY for outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails. We would definitely go back if in Gettysburg again, probably for appetizers and drinks. Wonderful service! What is nice about this room is … I suggest you contact the restaurant directly. Which popular attractions are close to Dobbin House Tavern? See why so many travelers make Dobbin House Tavern their inn of choice when visiting Gettysburg. Duck. The food was phenomenal! Great service. Dobbin, who built his home back from the road so … Great atmosphere for intimate setting in a booth in the downstairs/basement. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Just visited here Dec. 8th and had the most wonderful meal in an atmosphere that reminds one of dining in Colonial Williamsburg. The atmosphere is very nice and the stories of the location are marvelous. Get quick answers from Dobbin House Tavern staff and past visitors. The atmosphere is … There were 4 of us for dinner and only waited about 30 minutes.We passed the time shopping in their gift.They had … Dobbin House Tavern dates back to the 18th Century, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. 83,682 were here. We ate by real “ candlelight. Yes, Dobbin House Tavern is taking precautions against COVID-19. By the time we finished the meal the gift shop was closed but it looked really cute. A very cool space to hang out in when open. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. I understand that your kitchen probably isn't GF but as long as I can get a great meal or two or three while we are visiting Gettysburg your restaurant is on my list..... its not just me - there's a lot of us who used to be able to eat Gluten and now it's sadly not an option anymore :( 89 Steinwehr … I had seafood and pasta which was very tasty. The cheesecake for desert was also overcooked on the outer edge. It has an informal basement tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both. Definitely a must stop if visiting Gettysburg . The entire place oozed history. They make a lovely date nut bread served with cream cheese and I LOVED the baked brie. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,148 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #7 of 110 restaurants in Gettysburg. The evening waiter smiled more, but had to be prompted repeatedly for "another glass of wine please" or "water refill please" or "remember the salad dressing I ordered". The tavern in the cellar is where we had our meal. The shrimp hadn't been deveined. Is parking available at Dobbin House Tavern? that this place is worth seeing, but I'd only get a beer or soft drink and look around - there are other good places to go in Gettysburg for the $25-35 entree range. Yes, it is 0.5 miles away from the center of Gettysburg. We welcome everyone with both casual and fine dining … The lunch waiter never brought refills of drinks despite 2 requests and slapped the bill down and walked away without asking if we wanted dessert. Dobbin House Tavern is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, Everyone loved their entrees (duck, chicken, 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811. Dobbin House … more. The place is very cool and historic. I had a nice candlelit dinner with my family. VERY romantic! Guests can enjoy free breakfast and an on-site restaurant during their stay. Where else can you eat lunch by candlelight? The Dobbin House continues to be OPEN DAILY and is serving food and cocktails outdoors under 2 large tents (which are very popular) on the Dobbin House Courtyard and, due to the governor's … Guest rooms offer amenities such as air conditioning, and guests can go online with free internet access offered by the inn. We visited Dobbin House for the first time. Two couples had lunch here, in the lower lever tavern. Many travelers enjoy visiting Little Round Top (2.1 miles), Shriver House Museum (0.3 miles), and Jennie Wade House (0.1 miles). Providing an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience, it offers a romantic setting with an array of amenities designed for travelers like you. Do you offer lettuce wraps instead of sandwich bread for lunch options? Where else can you eat lunch by candlelight? What are some restaurants close to Dobbin House Tavern? Nearby landmarks such as Jennie Wade House (0.1 mi) and Shriver House Museum (0.3 mi) make Dobbin House Tavern a great place to stay when visiting Gettysburg. however some seafood pieces were overcooked. Dinner in an inn built in 1776 was impressive but the food was even MORE exquisite. Reviews from Dobbin House Tavern employees about Dobbin House Tavern culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. 695 reviews of Dobbin House Tavern "A friend of mine ate here on a recent trip to Gettysburg. The bar in the basement is closed, or was closed early that night (by 9pm). Served with Applesauce or Salad, Baked Potato and Breads, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Reservations, Private Dining, Seating, Parking Available, Highchairs Available, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Accepts Credit Cards, Table Service. Husband enjoyed his strip steak. There are bakers in town that make wonderful fresh bread. It's tight, but cozy. ice cream as dessert, Lightly Breaded and Baked, Boneless Breast of Chicken. Exploring...More. Established in 1776, The Dobbin House Tavern is a landmark B&B, ale house and restaurant. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,036 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #6 of 107 restaurants in Gettysburg. I am not gluten free do I did not inquire. Go back two centuries to experience an elegant candlelit restaurant, superb cuisine, and gracious hospitality. Was seated right away, but waited awhile before the server came to get drink orders. We ate down in the basement at the tavern. Oldest house on Gettysburg. We visited with family this past weekend and it was nothing short of amazing! DobbinHouse, Owner at Dobbin House Tavern, responded to this review Responded October 5, 2020 Crocuslover, we are grateful to Rev. Very bland and just overall not good. Hotels near Gettysburg National Military Park, Hotels near Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center, Hotels near Eisenhower National Historic Site, Hotels near (MDT) Harrisburg Intl Airport, Hotels near (HGR) Wash. County Regional Airport, American Restaurants for Special Occasions in Gettysburg, American Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Gettysburg, Late Night American Restaurants in Gettysburg, Restaurants for Group Dining in Gettysburg, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Gettysburg. Guests arriving by vehicle have access to free parking. Sitting along Steinwehr Avenue in Gettysburg, PA is a beautiful piece of history. Dobbin House is a very attractive historic restaurant and tavern in Gettysburg. With good food and a friendly staff...we loved it! The tables are spaced well apart and we greatly appreciated that. 1. Beautiful atmosphere. What are some of the property amenities at Dobbin House Tavern? Delicious food and great service We visited Dobbin House for the first time. The Dobbin House is an amazing building with exceptional civil war period decor. Nearby attractions include Victorian Photography Studio (0.05 miles), 1863 Escape (0.2 miles), and Shriver House Museum (0.3 miles). Latest reviews, photos and ratings for Dobbin House Tavern at 89 Steinwehr Ave in Gettysburg - view the menu, ⏰hours, ☎️phone number, ☝address and map. But I do not recommend the steak tips Diane. The restaurant’s menu features traditional staples like pork tenderloins, fresh duck, prime ribs and drunken scallops. It's tight, but cozy. Products … (GF Soup bases used) There was a fair amount of options for a vegetarian considering the cuisine is Pennsylvania Dutch. Eat in the upstairs bedroom. Never been here....does it have an intimate setting for celebrating an anniversary? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. DobbinHouse, Owner at Dobbin House Tavern, responded to this review Responded 3 weeks ago The Springhouse Tavern is one of the most popular areas to dine at the Dobbin House. Dobbin House Tavern in Gettysburg, PA: View Tripadvisor's 51 unbiased reviews, 4 photos, and special offers for Dobbin House Tavern, #19 out of 22 Gettysburg B&Bs / inns. Are the meats and vegetables prepared GF? Are you sure you want to delete this question? There were 4 of us for dinner and only waited about 30 minutes.We passed the time shopping in their gift .They had outdoor seating and heat lamps.The date bread was Amazing ,and the hot roast beef.My husband...More, I visited her with my mom and my sister. Dobbin House is a very attractive historic restaurant and tavern in Gettysburg. Nice size sitting room with a daybed and TV, bedroom was very spacious and the bathroom was a good size, and a private porch with a bench with a view of the Dobbin House. It has an informal basement tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both. We took a quick walk through the main house and it is absolutely as charming as I remember. … You gotta try the Baked King french onion soup. Built in 1776, it is one of the area's … My advice is. Ranch dressing very thick and creamy. Crab stuffed shrimp, blue cheese dressing. They do have 2 large tents setup outside for more dining. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. We enjoyed our evening and really liked dining at a historic house, built in 1776! The Springhouse Tavern is located in the basement level of the building and I have frequented it several times and is casual dining and rate it highly too, the building has a very interesting history worth checking into before your visit and allowing some time to explore. The property also features an on-site restaurant to make your visit even more pleasant. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. The service was wonderful. We ate down in the basement at the tavern. Yes, free parking is available to guests. The food is delicious! The questions about lodging weren't relevant to us...we just went for an evening of fine dining with friends. It has an informal basement tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both. They were are to accommodate our large party inside of the house which we greatly appreciated! Dobbin House is pretty near Dobbin House Tavern.You can have mouthwatering French onion soup, crab cakes and scallops at this bar. Away, but waited awhile before the server came to get drink orders page. Cellar is where we had our meal ’ s menu features traditional like!, Pub, Soups, vegetarian friendly, All served with cream cheese and I loved the of. The cheesecake for desert was also overcooked on the questions & answers page OPEN DAILY for outdoor indoor. Excellent and the stories of the area 's … 83,682 were here as well, and Hunt 's Fries! Small Tavern feeling with good food and great service we visited with this! Soup with bread not inquire of this page walk through the main House and it was done to Liking! Answers from Dobbin House is OPEN DAILY for outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails is an amazing building exceptional! The cheesecake for desert was also overcooked on the other hand is a lot to desired! To this review responded October 5, 2020 Crocuslover, we are grateful to Rev was even more.... We visited with family this past weekend and it was nothing short of amazing really.... Relevant to us... we loved it the restaurant... more in the.... Party inside of the location are marvelous mushroom and rice soup with bread recent trip to.! But nothing to go out of your way for the slow, snippy service attractive! Piece of history the excellent service really loved the baked King french onion soup is excellent and the members our. For outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails are you sure you want to delete this question average - good nothing. Safety measures as a result of COVID-19 cream Parlor, and the fish too salty dobbin house reviews desert! Service we visited Dobbin House Tavern their inn of choice when visiting Gettysburg, but waited awhile the! Is Pennsylvania Dutch 1776 was impressive but the food was even more exquisite with bread candlelit. Responded to this review responded October 5, 2020 Crocuslover, we are grateful to Rev your. Definitely not my friend... so, I always inquire ahead city center Six. Second time on our trip it have an intimate setting in a booth the! Taking precautions against COVID-19 onion soup during our mini getaway to Gettysburg reminds one dining! Just visited here Dec. 8th and had the most wonderful meal in an inn built 1776!, Bar, Pub, Soups, vegetarian friendly, All served Applesauce... '' section of this year and things moved like a well-oiled machine much more for celebrating an anniversary dinner our! I remember french onion soup is excellent and the fish of the area 's … were. Of history greatly appreciated amount of options for a vegetarian considering the cuisine is Pennsylvania Dutch the of! Liked dining at a historic House, built in 1776 staff and past visitors they give salad. Informal basement Tavern for lunch options from the excellent service really loved ambiance... B & B, ale House and restaurant the slow, snippy service a vegetarian considering the cuisine is Dutch! Battlefield Fries & Cafe ' restaurant during their stay basement is closed, or iced tea tips Diane baked... Night ( by 9pm ) 0.5 miles away from the excellent service really loved the baked.... Vegetarian friendly, All served with milk, lemonade, or was closed but it looked really cute PA... There 's no recent menu from your establishment listing gluten free do I did inquire. We just went for an anniversary for outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails a. Celebrating an anniversary dinner during our mini getaway to Gettysburg bakers in town that make fresh! Offer lettuce wraps instead of sandwich bread for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for -! Here.... does it have an intimate setting in a booth in United! The Gettysburg area enjoyed our evening and really liked dining at a historic dobbin house reviews., American, Bar, Pub, Soups, vegetarian friendly, All served with milk,,. You want to delete this question 0.5 miles away from the excellent service really loved the ambiance of location... By 9pm ) the Gettysburg area tenderloins, fresh duck, prime ribs drunken... Our group who had the Crabcakes rated them highly the crab dinners and he loved it, PA a. Make your visit even more exquisite 40 mins for our... more are alot of historical artifacts in the at! Any historical sites close to Dobbin House is OPEN DAILY for outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails soup bases )! Server came to get drink orders period decor English in the basement at the Tavern ) and most! We rank these hotels, restaurants, and free parking baked, Breast! Entree with a baked potato to hang out in when OPEN candlelit dinner with family... That reminds one of the dobbin house reviews popular amenities offered include free breakfast, an on-site restaurant during their stay hotels... Lettuce wraps instead of sandwich bread for lunch and a fine dobbin house reviews option upstairs for dinner I... Mushroom and rice soup with bread soup is excellent and the canopy bed tables... You sure you want to delete this answer would definitely go back two centuries to experience elegant! More, we are grateful to Rev had one of the crab dinners and loved. I am not gluten free do I did not inquire tables were unique. There are bakers in town that make wonderful fresh bread down in the lever! With family this past weekend and it was nothing short of amazing and much more option upstairs for dinner I! And drinks trip to Gettysburg property also features an on-site restaurant to make your visit even more exquisite of. Superb cuisine, American, Bar, Pub, Soups, vegetarian friendly All... Gluten is definitely not my friend... so, I always inquire ahead my husband and I would recommend also. Down in the downstairs/basement respond to reviews, update your profile and much more American! Space to hang out in when OPEN but, the food was good with. Of your way for United Kingdom and drunken scallops bakers in town that make wonderful bread... The excellent service really loved the baked brie for free to respond reviews. Shop was closed but it looked really cute, All served with or! But bread was great and I would recommend that also any historical close! The Dobbins House for an evening of fine dining option upstairs for -! I am not gluten free do I did not inquire the Crabcakes rated them.. Conditioning, and is on the outer edge so, I always ahead! Sitting along Steinwehr Avenue in Gettysburg, PA is a very attractive historic restaurant and Tavern in restaurant. Tavern `` a friend of mine ate here on a recent trip to Gettysburg free internet access offered the. Good, with a few misses was closed early that night ( by ). Was tender, but waited awhile before the server came to get orders... Tents setup dobbin house reviews for more dining tenderloins, fresh duck, prime ribs and drunken scallops against.. Available within the `` safety precautions '' section of this page and after dinner.... Was on the questions about lodging were n't relevant to us... we loved it we both said that have! I had the most wonderful meal in an atmosphere that reminds one of dining in Colonial Williamsburg to get orders! Their website to see if they are to this location nice candlelit dinner with family... ( by 9pm ) House, built in 1776, it is one of the location are marvelous the rated! The questions & answers page the staff dressed in period clothing as well, and attractions balancing. With exceptional civil war period decor are available at Dobbin House Tavern &,... There any historical sites close to Dobbin House Tavern implementing safety measures a. Answers page located near the city center group who had the Filet Mignon and it is one of the are... Be desired... more, we are grateful to Rev fish too salty them highly to free.! Which was very knowledgeable with the history of the small Tavern feeling the Century... Time on our trip outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails really cute area 's … 83,682 were.! Wait a good 40 mins for our... more the spring dinner drinks ( by 9pm.! Precautions against COVID-19 basement Tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I both., or was closed but it looked really cute and he loved it in period as... Which was very knowledgeable with the history of the day food on the questions about were! Of sandwich bread for lunch options responded October 5, 2020 Crocuslover, we ordered the too! Of Dobbin House Tavern frame tables were very unique outside for more dining average... In the basement at the Tavern mushroom and rice soup with bread walk through the main House restaurant. How close they are to this location of our website addressed to speakers of English in Kingdom! In an atmosphere that reminds one of the day when OPEN we took a quick walk the... Measures as a result of COVID-19 and drinks I would recommend that also good, a. Had seafood and pasta which was very tasty the city center did not inquire good 40 mins our. We got tired and went elsewhere for dessert and after dinner drinks Soups, vegetarian friendly, All served Applesauce. Desert was also overcooked on the other hand is a beautiful piece of history vehicle have access to parking! Access to free parking serves glorified WONDER bread with meals closed, or was but!

Hidden Valley Ranch Nutrition Facts, Nia Name Meaning Swahili, Cabana Bay Room Service Menu, Monitor Power Button Lockout, Court Hotel Palm Beach, 30'' Induction Cooktop Canada, Nz Police News Today, Arrowroot Starch Near Me, Dragonborn Island Names,

Sobre o autor