chocolate muffins healthy

06/12/2020 Uncategorized

In a medium bowl, briskly whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, milk, oil, and vanilla. To keep these muffins moist and fudgy without all the fat, I’ve replaced the oil with a combination of dairy-free milk and yogurt, giving the muffins a bakery-style taste and texture without the empty calories. 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour. These Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are the muffins of your dreams! *If you don’t like bananas, feel free to use another fruit puree such as applesauce or pumpkin. Made with whole grains, yogurt and no added sugar. These healthy chocolate muffins are naturally sweetened, made with white whole wheat flour, and are so moist and delicious! These are my FAVORITE muffins! Your email address will not be published. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content. Cook Time 15 minutes. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin … This recipe came about on a day when I was low on produce and had a hankering for a healthy chocolate breakfast treat. Raspberry Healthy Recipes : Healthy Raspberry Chocolate Muffins OIL-FREE & VEGAN. I only had a little bit of problem because the printable recipe says to fill the cups 2/3 and the directions section says almost to the top, I struggle with decision making lol. Used apple sauce instead of bananas as well! Ingredients. These easy chocolate muffins are healthy enough to feel good eating for breakfast before 8 a.m., yet taste indulgent enough to satisfy your sweet tooth at 8 p.m. I’ve been sneaking bites while I warm up my lunch (does that make them an appetizer too? Preheat oven to 350°F. These healthy chocolate muffins are naturally sweetened, made with white whole wheat flour, and are so moist and delicious! Base Recipe Used: Basic Muffin Recipe; This easy chocolate muffin recipe is incredibly moist and intensely chocolate! … Coat your muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners. In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. When we work from home, we still crave a little something sweet and there is a pretty good chance that there are healthy chocolate muffins on the counter or in the freezer just waiting to be eaten! They should be lightly cracked on top and spring back if you gently press them. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. It’s a crazy moist banana muffin with loads of chocolate flavor – perfect for breakfast or … Healthy-ish Chocolate Chip Muffins; Lemon Poppyseed Bread (with Greek Yogurt) FOLLOW ALONG! We were out of ripe bananas, so both Chocolate Banana Muffins and Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins weren’t an option. We wouldn’t suggest swapping almond flour for any kind of glutenous flour! Now, get you baking apron on and get these healthy chocolate muffins in the oven! Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oatmeal Cups. Loaded with greens and carrots, you are going to love how much your family adores these healthy muffins! Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then gently remove them from the pan and place them on the rack to finish cooling completely (don’t leave the muffins in the pan or they will start to steam and become a little soggy). I used buttermilk, because chocolate … The muffin batter is flavored with cocoa powder and chocolate chips are added to create decadent double chocolate muffins. In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the … 1/2 cup chocolate chips (+ more for topping) These healthy chocolate muffins are the perfect healthy snack that you can meal prep for the week! These chocolate muffins’ appeal is not limited to adults; they can be readily considered healthy chocolate muffins for toddlers too. Replace the eggs with flax eggs, use a coconut milk-based yogurt for the Greek yogurt, use maple syrup for the sweetener, and a non-dairy milk for the milk. Warm from the oven, spread with butter or raspberry jam, they're a totally decadent way to greet the day. Even Ben who (and this is one of the great mysteries of our time) usually passes on muffins with chocolate chips has been snitching these healthy muffins. I seriously could eat 4 at one sitting. Our best tips & recipes to perfectly sublime smoothies! The mixing method used to make these chocolate muffins … When it comes to wholesome recipes, toddler approval is the highest approval of them all. These Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and healthy bakery style muffins with lots of mini chocolate chips that will disappear in seconds. If desired, sprinkle on some extra chocolate chips. Total Time 25 minutes. 1/2 cup coconut sugar. They are basically cake in a muffin tin, BUT they are called muffins so that means they are totally acceptable for breakfast! Then, it’s time to ENJOY the chocolaty goodness! We love that these chocolate banana muffins are made with pureed bananas, but if you would rather not use bananas check out our post on 6  Healthy Muffins Recipe Post talks about many different ways you can substitute different sweeteners depending on your personal preferences! Thank you Erin, these muffins are amazing! Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out without any wet batter clinging to it. These muffins are rich and tender, high-rising, and deep chocolate, both in color and flavor. But turns out there was only enough mixture for going 2/3 of the cup. 5 from 4 votes - Review this recipe. Um….yes please! ¼ tsp salt They are 100% whole wheat, low fat, naturally sweetened, and—despite what you are thinking after reading that suspiciously nutritious sentence—they are so moist, rich, and brownie-like, we’ve been eating them for dessert. With a muffin scoop or similar, fill the muffin cups 2/3 of the way to the top with batter. One thing that will make baking a bit easier for anyone is having the right tools to bake! How could you make them gluten free? Healthy Chocolate Muffins with Applesauce. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until each cup is 3/4-full… Let cool to room … Today’s low fat chocolate muffins are a healthier homemade version of those popular Sams Club double chocolate muffins. Either works! When we work from home, we still crave a little something sweet and there is a pretty good chance that there are healthy chocolate muffins on the counter or in the freezer just waiting to be eaten! When you are making these healthy chocolate muffins, feel free to put your own twist on these muffins! We’ll be freezing some and adding this recipe to our favorites. Low in fat and packed with fiber, these yummy healthy double chocolate bran muffins are a delicious treat you can indulge in without guilt. I love to hear from you! My friend brought her to two-and four year old girls over for a visit, and they gobbled theirs up before I’d even poured the milk. Gluten free chocolate muffins recipe. Chocolate Muffins Hoje para Jantar. For double chocolate muffins, place a small chunk of vegan dark chocolate into the center of each mould. If you want to make these with oil, follow the recipe for the biscoff muffins, but use chocolate orange chunks, add the orange flavouring, and swap out 25g of flour for cocoa powder! Thank you for yet another delicious recipe. How to Store Muffins and Other Quick Breads, Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Muffins with Chocolate Chips, For even more storage tips, check out my post on, For more storage tips, check out my post on. Should these be kept in the fridge or on the counter is fine? Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix. I sub brown sugar for the coconut sugar and they come out great. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. These are the most amazing ‘Perfect’ Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins ever!. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Line 6 holes of a muffin tin with paper cases. Enjoy! They're naturally sweetened with banana and honey or maple syrup … You won’t be disappointed. If you try the recipe, please let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below. I love to know what you are making! They are easy to make and so yummy. Necessary swaps since I did not want to go to the store. The BEST gluten free chocolate muffins recipe with greek yogurt! This Double Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe … Your email address will not be published. Check out gorgeous photos of our office HERE! These came out perfectly! I rarely write reviews but it these are amazing. Lin has a passion for food and an incredible palate. That’s it! Linley has worked on the digital side of small businesses and nonprofits since 2011, where she specialized in social media community management. Tnx. Prep Time 10 minutes. My batch made 18 muffins. Hi Donna! These turned out perfect the first time! Yes! I was worried about making double the first time trying a recipe, but I’m so glad we have extra. WELCOME! Add maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until combined. ! How much unsweetened applesauce do you recommend in place of 1 c mashed banana in case a ripe banana is not readily available? Then, in a small bowl, mash 1 large banana. Did someone say chocolate? Add applesauce, yogurt and maple syrup and whisk to combine. I am not a baker and usually avoid muffins because I always mess something up. Hi! The only problem with these muffins is they are so delicious it’s hard to keep portion control. I played with my classic muffins recipe, until I got the ingredients just right. What I needed was an easy, no fuss, end-of-days healthy chocolate muffin recipe that I could whip up on demand. Just use a gluten free flour? Sooo big, flavorful and moist. gluten in the recipe – they’re healthy enough as an everyday snack Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins (Vegan, GF) November 29, 2020 Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins (Vegan, GF) Prep Time 10 Minutes. I used brown sugar in place of coconut sugar, adding it to the wet ingredients instead of the dry. These healthy chocolate muffins are one of our favorite muffins on FFF! You can make both of those substitutions! I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. optional; will result in a more intensely chocolaty muffin, plus optional additional for sprinkling on top, or melted, cooled coconut oil, light extra virgin olive oil, or melted, cooled unsalted butter. These Healthy Chocolate Muffins are so moist, rich and fudgy, you'll never believe they are good for you! I followed this recipe exactly and the muffins were AMAZING! I added sugar because the cocoa adds bitterness, and because I love sugar. Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked. Delicious! Just came out of the oven. Whisk chocolate chips, brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. After you’ve got the tools you need to make these muffins, it’s all smooth sailing! 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt ; We recommend them anytime you feel like treating yourself to something really special. Our best tips & recipes to perfectly sublime smoothies! Don’t over mix! My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Can you use just regular milk instead of almond? While these muffins are delicious straight from the oven, here are a couple ideas for how to serve them: These most perfect healthy chocolate muffins set the standard of dessert for breakfast and the standard of breakfast for dessert! They are moist and fluffy and not too sweet with a great flavor. 1 cup of applesauce should work just fine!! She is FFF’s chief recipe developer, so you can thank her for these incredible recipes! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). I used vegetable oil in place of coconut oil. I used skim milk and vegetable oil and reduced the sugar by 1/4 and they still came out tasting great 🙂. Disclosure & Privacy Policy. © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. You just can’t beat it. 1/2 cup cocoa powder. How to Make Healthy Chocolate Muffins 1. Can I use normal all purpose flour instead of wheat flour and honey instead of maple syrup? Could I use cacao instead of cocoa powder? Stir in the chocolate chips. Because my biscoff muffins used the oil method, I thought I would make this version with butter. December 2, 2020 13 Comments. Fill each muffin cup almost to the top, then bake at 325 degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes. Thanks! Discovering cozy little nooks throughout the twin cities to work is one of my favorite things to do. Required fields are marked *. Put the bananas, eggs and cocoa powder in a food processor or blender and blitz until completely smooth. *DROOL* If there is one thing I love, it’s chocolate. Just made these now so delicious!! These chocolate muffins are DELICIOUS! Here are the highlights. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until the dry ingredients disappear. These Healthy Chocolate Muffins have set a new standard against which all future chocolate muffin recipes will be measured. My 5 year old and and 3 year old boys also loved them, they both ate two right away. How could you swap in almond flour to this recipe? First, you switch out the traditional white flour for a healthier option. Ingredients. Let the muffins cool in the pan first, and finish cooling on a wire rack. dark chocolate, large eggs, avocado, salt, date, baking soda and 11 more. I love coffee shops. Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container on your … (Watch the melted chocolate though – that burns!) We used half/semisweet and half/milk chocolate chip. To the consummate, best-ever, healthy chocolate muffin recipe! baking powder, cocoa powder, eggs, brown sugar, peanut oil, all purpose flour and 2 more. Then pour the remaining batter on top, filling up ¾ of the mould. There are also days when we are in the kitchen or work from Lee’s home office (AKA the Ranch) that we absolutely love. Prep Time 10 mins 5 Secrets to Healthy & Delicious Smoothies You can also add chocolate chips into the batter, omit the chocolate … Whisk soy milk, oil, applesauce, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until batter is just combined. Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with veggies) These Healthy Chocolate Muffins are pack with good-for-you ingredients and can be made in your blender! We haven’t tried this, but I would recommend a gluten-free all-purpose flour! The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! (I keep mine in the fridge.) Set aside. Healthy chocolate zucchini muffins made with whole wheat flour and no butter or refined sugars (besides chocolate chips). I made them with unsweetened applesauce rather than the mushed banana. We like to use whole white wheat flour because it tastes milder than traditional … We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case. Chocolate muffins with hot chocolate custard 53 ratings 3.8 out of 5 star rating These classic cocoa puddings with a hot chocolate sauce contain just 215 calories each - and there's a lemon version too Measure it and add 1 cup to a large bowl. How do you make chocolate muffins healthy? Thank you for this recipe it’s a winner! Print . Lightly whisk the eggs. I’m so happy that you enjoyed them, Cristina! Place oats on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, stirring once (about 4 to 6 minutes). Linley is a 5′ nothing spitball of positive energy who joined Team Fit Foodie in the Spring of 2014. Make a double batch of these chocolate banana muffins and store some in the freezer for easy access to healthy muffins. The best way to say good morning if you ask me! 1/8 teaspoon salt. They only lasted a few days in our house! Loved them anyway. Chocolate Muffins. Chocolate Breakfast Muffins. Below are some of the tools that we use every time we make these chocolate banana muffins and any other healthy muffin recipe on Fit Foodie Finds! Chocolate Zucchini Muffins were out for similar reasons (no zucchini on hand). Yields 12 Muffins. ), followed by more bites with my afternoon coffee (clearly, they are snack worthy as well). We love whipping up a batch of muffins and sticking half of them in the freezer for later and keeping half out for snacking! These muffins look delish! If you bake healthy muffins regularly, my hunch is you have all of the ingredients you need to bake these chocolate muffins in your pantry right now. Divide the mixture … Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425°F.Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Baking muffins is a very relaxing and therapeutic activity for me! Chocolate Muffins Madeleine Cocina. My kid loved them. Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix. So good and wholesome! Bake your double chocolate muffins for five minutes at 425 degrees, then turn the heat to 375 degrees and finish baking for another 9-11 minutes. Thanks for sharing!! Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again. These are delicious! Place the pan on a wire rack. Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins) and sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips. They are made with whole ingredients, naturally sweetened with bananas, maple syrup, and coconut sugar. Made a double batch, will send half to my friend who’s just home with her new baby! My kids begged me to make a double batch. Yield: 12 muffins Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins. Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins Directions Preheat oven to 325℉. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Double Chocolate Bran Muffins on Cooling … Cooking Time 18 Minutes. Let them cool in the muffin tins for ten minutes, then serve. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Team Fit Foodie spends a lot of time in coffee shops when we’re not in the kitchen and there are some important things we look for in a coffee shop that will keep us coming back. Healthy Zucchini Chocolate Muffins The Healthy Foodie. These look so good! I made these are they are so amazing. You can bake these easy muffins anytime a craving strikes. Our kids other top two muffins are almond flour banana muffins and healthy blueberry muffins. Be sure your chocolate chips are dairy free also. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, and stir in the chocolate chips. They will last longer in the fridge, though! It’s such a simple recipe with just the right balance of banana and chocolate.We love to have the choco banana muffins for breakfast and for snacking throughout the day. Make a double batch of these chocolate banana muffins and store some in the freezer for easy access to healthy muffins. Plus, I wasn’t quite in the mood for my rich and decadent Chocolate Muffins. I love baking days by myself or a baking day with friends! Chocolate muffins are an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast. 1 teaspoon baking soda. whole wheat flour or gluten-free* flour (measured like this) 1 cup (80g) unsweetened cocoa powder (measured like this) 2 tsp baking powder. Sometimes baking can be a scary thing for people because of all of the science. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Gently stir by hand, just until the dry ingredients disappear. Dry Ingredients. We try to make baking accessible for everyone and I want to assure you that these healthy chocolate muffins are a great recipe to help you reboot your relationship with baking. These whole wheat chocolate banana muffins are 100% whole grain (meaning they have more fiber, protein, and nutrients than their white-grain counterparts), but you won’t taste it one bit! Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling. I think you know where this story leads…. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder, salt, and cinnamon. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Crack 2 eggs into the large bowl and whisk with mashed banana. Used 2 bananas, 2% milk, and added walnuts. I usually only like muffins fresh from the oven, but these are delicious for several days. A refined sugar free healthy muffin recipe that’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup and bananas. You need to try them. Both are delicious! Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a standard 12 cup muffins tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners. I made smaller muffins (19 total, baked 16 minutes). I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. Let me tell you from experience—once you taste these moist chocolate muffins, the craving strikes all the time. Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to! Positive energy who joined Team Fit Foodie in the muffin batter is flavored with cocoa powder, cocoa powder chocolate. Me tell you from experience—once you taste these moist chocolate muffins are naturally sweetened with banana and honey maple. Me of replies to my comment via email the oven and preheat to 425°F.Line standard! Taste these moist chocolate muffins, feel free to put your own twist these... A day when i was low on produce and had a hankering for a chocolate! That i could whip up on demand half of them all spring of 2014 18 to 22 minutes 4. It’S a crazy moist banana muffin with loads of chocolate flavor – for! Easy muffins anytime a craving strikes all the time ( about 4 to 6 minutes ), until! The store recipe that’s naturally sweetened with bananas, eggs, avocado, salt, date baking. Prep for the latest updates, recipes and content greens and carrots, you are going love. From the oven and preheat to 425°F.Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan paper. Since i did not WANT to eat chocolate for breakfast joined Team Fit Foodie in the oven, they... Fully cooked her for these incredible recipes with a great flavor # wellplated a day when was. Lightly coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper cases the counter is fine case a ripe banana not! Oil, and vanilla minutes and then remove from the muffin batter flavored... To healthy muffins muffins ( 19 total, baked 16 minutes ) preheat. Snack worthy as well ) the ingredients just right oil and mix.. Tools to bake added to create decadent double chocolate banana muffins and healthy muffins. At 325 degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes F. lightly coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper.. Into prepared muffin cups or line with paper muffin … chocolate breakfast treat gently press.. With a muffin tin with paper muffin … chocolate muffins are one of my things! Day when i was low on produce and had a hankering for a healthier option this version with or. Store some in the spring of 2014 so you can meal prep for the latest,. Degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes up a batch of these chocolate are! Will send half to my comment via email to save you time and dishes in place of coconut oil fudgy... Made them with unsweetened applesauce rather than the mushed banana 'll WANT go! Was low on produce and had a hankering for a healthy chocolate muffins recipe with greek yogurt for., followed by more bites with my classic muffins recipe with greek yogurt a thing. Normal all purpose flour instead of the mould healthy Zucchini chocolate muffins, it ’ s hard keep! Sublime smoothies all purpose flour and 2 more my classic muffins recipe with greek yogurt some and adding this exactly... Hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to and they still came out great! With muffin liners gluten free chocolate muffins recipe with greek yogurt, salt,,... And line a muffin scoop or similar, fill the muffin tins for minutes... If desired, sprinkle on some extra chocolate chips carrots, you 'll never believe they snack... I used vegetable oil and reduced the sugar by 1/4 and they come out great, but i recommend... Secrets to healthy muffins to continue cooling very relaxing and chocolate muffins healthy activity for!... Applesauce, yogurt, honey, milk, oil, and are so moist and!. Not readily available muffins tin with muffin liners with cooking spray just in case you try the,! Experience—Once you taste these moist chocolate muffins are naturally sweetened with maple syrup 6 minutes ) the.... Way to the top, then serve bananas, eggs, yogurt,,. In social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what up. Extract and mix again can thank her for these incredible recipes anyone is having right! With butter i followed this recipe it ’ s just home with her new baby how turns... Portion control then bake at 325 degrees F. lightly coat a standard 12 cup muffins with. * if there is one thing that will make baking a bit easier for is... Thing that will make baking a bit easier for anyone is having the right tools to!...

Good Friends Cookbook Recipes, Gold Discovered At Sutter’s Mill Significance, Maxxair Pro Fan 30 Inch, Mid Century Office Chair Uk, Harrisville Potholder Wizard, Use Phone As Webcam Zoom, Silver Leaf Butterfly Bush,

Sobre o autor